Monday, April 21, 2008

Rock It

I would say 90% of the time I hate hate talk shows. Dr. Phil? How about Dr. Cocky-Self Righteous-Butthead. Opera? How about Oh-No-Pera (yeah that's a stretch...). But anyway, I fully admit to LOVING Tyra Banks. She is amazing, and I love how she shows all of her body flaws and how when she does it she uses a phrase that totally escapes me at the moment to express her love for her flaws and how everyone else can just bug off. I don't remember what it is, but it's powerful. For realz. Anyway, when it came to Spring Formal (whole blog about that later) and the thought of dresses and what not, I couldn't help but think of all of my body flaws and how finding the right dress would be stressful beyond words, just like always, and more than likely involve tears at some point because my under average chest wouldn't be able to hold it up or the perfect dress would only come in a 5 or something. Luckily, thanks to Forever 21, all of my worries of finding a dress were completely availed because somehow they ALWAYS have my size and dresses that fit my body. But anyway, back to the flaws. So last year, I tanned like crazy, curled my hair, etc. This year I decided to take a leaf out of Tyra's book and rock my flaws. ("Rock It" is a trademark of C. Glassley Industries and you can not use it). So pale skin? Rock it! I wore dark fuchsia, it makes your skin look all creamy and glowy a la Nicole Kidman and now I can laugh when the tanners are wrinkled and bacon-y (inside joke) when they're old. Besides, pale skin was all the rage in the 1800s... Small chest? Who cares! Rock it with confidence! Us small chested women can wear just about anything without looking slutty, take advantage of it! Ginormous forehead? Rock it! Pull the hair back completely, no bangs, they're just a crutch! Short legs? Rock it! Empire waist dress and you'll have legs for days!

 So this blog is getting a little too peppy, I've totally overdone the exclamation points and I think it's time to end this one. But I think I got my point across. Why bend our bodies to fit some other ideal. I have a big forehead, nothing will change that, even if I try to hide it you can tell. I'd rather rock it and make all the little forheaded girls wish they had big foreheads. 

1 comments:

ashley April 23, 2008 at 5:10 AM  

hey! waitin on your formal post so we can see pictures of you rockin your dress! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP