Friday, April 4, 2008

Clichéd

Right now I'm watching Frasier (that Daphne really cracks me up), blogging during the commercial breaks, and planning out my weekend. For the most part it doesn't look like I'm going to get to see my boyfriend very much which stinks but is not entirely unexpected. Between RHA and MAC our schedule for spring semester is pretty well packed. However, Saturday he was able to set aside some time for us to do something we've been taking about doing for ages. Well, I've mentioned in a past blog that I tend to leave the "love at first sight" to Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks (certainly the two most meant to be people in the entire world). Surely I could never pull off those romantic moments, those half smile glances looking out from underneath your eyelashes,  and those witty first meeting introductions. However, this weekends plan sounds perfectly amazing and may just rival Tom and Meg. Now, I'm wary to even say what it is for fear that some people might judge it, Hermione just looked at me in disgust and said, "That is so you two."  I decided to take it as a compliment. So this is the plan (withhold judgement until I make my complete argument). We're going to go to a State Park near campus to hike... and have a picnic... by a waterfall... Now give me a moment to explain myself! I know! Cliche! I get it. But you know what, for something to be "cliche" people have to think of it as unoriginal, but everything unoriginal was once original, and everyone though it was great then! I think just the fact that it is cliche now means that people don't do it anymore, so its back to being original! I just dare you to argue with that train of thought!  So I think that you have no right to judge it! I think the world needs a little more cliches. Now as Harry Potter and I are no Tom and Meg I fully expect that I will fall in a mud puddle, be rained on, and have frizzy hair. And I think that it is those imperfection in the fairy tale that make it suitable for real life, if everything was as perfect as the movies I think the world would most probably explode. 

Well, Frasier is over, which means it's time to go to class. I hope this blog opened your eyes to the wonderful world of cliches! I will now spend the rest of the day incessantly checking weather.com's 10 day forecast, so far so good, sunny, 65, 10% chance of rain....

1 comments:

ashley April 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM  

that sounds like a great plan! have fun! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP