Thursday, April 24, 2008

Help Me! Bridal Shower!

This whole thing started out a little crazy but a few things happened and now I'm planning my best friends bridal shower even though I'm just a bridesmaid. Now honestly, I love to plan certain types of things, and this would be one of them. However, there are a few problems. The first of which being that although I understand that my 20s will probably be spent in a whirl of my friends bridal showers and weddings this is my first one, so I'm a little mystified about what needs to be done. I've been to many many weddings, but no bridal showers. The second problem is that she and I are complete opposites. Where I would want yellow and blue she wants hot pink and orange. Where I would want flowers she would want crepe paper. Where I would want Dean Martin playing she would want B. Spears. Now this is one of the things that makes us such wonderful friends, however it does not help when it comes to planning something for her. I did find the perfect invitations, not only are the flowers her wedding flowers but those are also her wedding colors. 

Anyway, so I need some help. I just don't know any of the basics. I don't even know how to address the card! Do people care? If I put *****'s bridal shower, or to celebrate *****'s upcoming wedding, will people flip out? Or will they even notice? And what about the time? It starts at 11 but is there an end time? And if so how long do these things last? And what about party favors? I just found out I needed to get those a few days ago! The whole thing is ridiculous! And people are supposed to kind of dress up aren't they? Do I put that in the invite or do they just know? And what about where they're registered? Do I just put in a little card that says ***** and **** are registered at such and such a place? Or is that tacky? I don't know why it would be, but maybe it is, maybe there is an entire secret language and structure to wedding society and I'll probably disobey all of them and her bridal shower will be shunned. Well wouldn't that be fan-fricken-tastic?

3 comments:

ashley April 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

oh we should chat. and i should reccommend my friend lindsey to you b/c she is really the guru on all social gathering etiquette. :)

Anonymous April 25, 2008 at 3:18 PM  

Hi Charlene, so...stalking, sorry, but I thought that this might be some help:

http://www.theknot.com/ch_article.html?Object=A70621115002&_ref=search
(this one is for invitation etiquette)

http://www.theknot.com/ch_article.html?Object=A00531160922&keywordID=175&keywordType=2&parentID=209
(this is a checklist of things to do)

http://www.theknot.com/ch_article.html?Object=AI990614152828&keywordType=&keywordID=&parentID=&_ref=search
(this is the basics of bridal showers)

Hope this helps some in your shower frenzy! Good luck:)

Jena

Char April 25, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

I fully support stalking! Thanks so much for the help!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP