Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Quads... Aching...

So, word on the street is that people don't like my jogging song (I wrote about it earlier). I can't say I'm surprised- I'm not sure I know anyone who likes it besides me come to think of it... But anyway, no biggie, I just think you're stupid... So the throbbing pain in my quads was my little reminder all day to blog about jogging this past weekend. Saturday was the most gorgeous day I've seen in my whole life (March always leaves me a little desperate so ignore the dramatization) and my legs were just itching to run. So around 2 I put on my old cheerleading shoes and grabbed my little mp3 player (nope I have not yet jumped on the ipod bandwagon despite the beautiful powerbook I'm writing this blog on... why would I ever need 8,000 songs?) and I was off! So my first mistake was not listening to my jogging song first. I was too impatient and I was feeling a little too big for my britches, I didn't think i needed it. Well I did and it doesn't have the same affect when you're on the last leg of the race or when you're on the last breath in your lungs... My second mistake is how I rationalize the whole thing. Now, my idea is that I am just going to run until I'm absolutely exhausted, that way I still have the whole way to run again to get home and I make sure I push myself. But the thing is, I haven't really run in like a year or so... And maybe a 2 mile jog the first time out was a mistake... Maybe... And, maybe I had to stop once in awhile. However I've discovered that the mp3 player is the perfect coverup. When I'm exhausted and my legs feel like they might turn to jello I just stop and pretend to be searching for a song I want to hear, I wave at all the people out raking their leaves and they never suspect a thing. I think that this is incredibly clever, and so I have a tendency to do it quite often- because it's clever, not because I'm tired... My boyfriend always lectures me on this, he always tells me never to stop, just to slow down, well babe, there's a certain speed of jogging that is the last notch before it turns into walking and that is where I was. So technically I did just "slow down", I was borderline already. 

Unfortunately I'm not really feeling the writing today... I'm stressed beyond belief with five tests this week and bridal shower to plan (my best friend from HS is getting married in July, thats a whole other blog!). Hopefully tomorrow I can find the urge to really wow whoever reads this but today it just doesn't seem likely...

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP