Thursday, April 3, 2008

Robins Egg Blue

It's spring! I had an inkling this morning when I walked to meet my friend for lunch and a robin walked right in front of me, but my inkling was continually strengthened as the day progressed. Now at Manchester there is nothing strange about a squirrel walking so close to you you're forced off the sidewalk through squirrel intimidation, but the birds, they usually keep their distance, they know that there are no school rules protecting them from being chased or touched (oh yeah, MC has squirrel protection laws...). This little robin though, he wanted me to see him. I have a theory that each robin is designated a person to whom he is to formally announce that spring has sprung, and that little guy must have been mine. The real hard evidence came later though. My boyfriend was visiting with me this evening and we were looking up music online when all the sudden I heard something, well two somethings. First I heard a really steady spring rain. I don't know what the difference was
 but the rain we had earlier this week was not spring rain, it sounded different and it didn't smell right. This was a spring rain, it was fresh and clean and it smelled green. But there was something else too... crickets! I heard crickets tonight. It's been so long since I last heard them I wasn't even sure what they were at first. I had to make my bf turn the music down so I could listen. Two hours later and they are still chirping away, an unrelenting welcome to spring filled with promises of flowers and thunderstorms. What more could a girl ask for?

"And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."  - Anais Nin

And congratulations to Harry Potter, I'm glad that Filch found your wand!

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP