Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Creative Juices

My creative juices are a-flowing! Most of you probably don't know this but I'm pretty much a craft diva. This divaness tends to hit me in the summer and on weekends, but today I find myself overcome with the desire to cut, glue, decoupage, and paint everything in sight. Visions of patterned paper and paint colors are floating in my head like veritable sugar plums. But it's a wednesday. And I have an inconceivable amount of work to do. And I'm sequestered in a dorm room, the enemy of colored walls, where nails and paint are expressly forbidden. This is just terrible. So I did what I could, I organized my bookshelf by color (a little thing but it looks so much better!) but instead of quenching this thirst it just piqued it, now I'm practically in a rage of creativity! (perhaps an overstatement... perhaps...) As I see no other way to fix this I am going to share with you (aka the 6 people who know this blog exists, and as you're mostly boys you definitely don't care about this... hmm I need more girlfriends...) pictures of the diy blog that started this raging disease. 


First I saw this wonderful little cork-board, why no one else has ever thought to cut the board into an insanely adorable design is beyond me...
Next is my absolute favorite and I have every intention of doing this in my future home (with completely different colors however). It's a door, stained, the panels covered in cloth or paper, covered with glass, and put on legs. The perfect dinning room table! The big picture was waay cuter, but you get the idea... 
Now this one I plan on doing as soon as I get home for the summer because my little sister is painting her room this summer and I know she would love this little chandelier!
Lastly, this I also plan on doing this summer because it's just super cute and soooo easy to do.
Thank you for tolerating this breach in sanity....
All of these pictures came from http://www.designspongeonline.com/2008

1 comments:

ashley April 9, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

uuuu yea! i learned something new about you today! i had no idea you were such a craft diva. which i love b/c i just recently jumped on the craftmobile myself! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP