Monday, March 9, 2009

Pink Nikes

Here's the deal with the pink Nikes.

I do enjoy running when I am in the mood, besides ballet it is my main exercise of choice. I am also a huge Nike fan. Throughout my years in track and before I always wore Nikes. My senior year of cheerleading we wore Nike cheerleading shoes and I loved them! My old track shoes had seen their last days and so after I graduated I always ran in my cheerleading shoes. Now I know that is not a good idea, and I bore many judgey glances from the BF for it, but my feet and ankles are shot already from ballet so I figured I didn't have much to protect. Well, this year at school, whenever I go running I end up with a big fat water blister on the big toe of my right foot. It's annoying and it takes forever to go away so I decided the time had come to invest in new Nikes. 
On Hermione and mines last shopping trip I decided that I was going to go running shoe shopping. I went to bed the night before well researched from the Nike website and dreaming of that fantastic light springy feeling that comes with new Nikes. One I walked into the first sports store reality set in. I hate athletic shoe shopping. I always have, I totally forgot. I remember trip after trip to MC Sports with my dad in high school, and him desperately picking up shoe after shoe while I turned down each one. 
"Too tight"
"Too loose"
"This makes my feet look fat"
Many many reasons. Shoe shopping is hard. And I haven't the faintest idea of how to size my own foot and what it's supposed to feel like. 
And this is how I ended up with pink Nikes, size 7.5. I gave up, they were cute and the right price and specifically for running and so I gave up. Unfortunately, the more I tried them on the more I realized that I am not a 7.5, nor do I like pink shoes. And so, they were returned to Lady FootLocker last weekend and quite honestly I'm already regretting it. Maybe I should have just tried on a 7 and exchanged them instead of getting my money back... 
I hate athletic shoe shopping. 

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP