Saturday, March 21, 2009

Adventures in Michigan City Pt I

Michigan City is one of my favorite places when it gets warm. Obviously there is the lake (Lake Michigan for all you non-regioners). But, in these parts, the way you know it's really heading for summer is when Carlson's Root Beer and Hot Dog Stand and Bubble's Ice Cream Shoppe open. Once my friends and I were driving age that is where we headed on the last day of school. They're right across the street from eachother. We would park our cars and the waitresses would bring our food to the bar and then we'd jump out and run across the street to Bubble's after we'd had our fill of the best root beer in creation. 


So today, when I headed out to Michigan City with a long list of chores to get done I was excited.  I headed down 421 and stopped at GoodWill. I needed to find a desk for Hermione and mine's house next year. Hmm no luck. Oh well, onto chore 2, I needed teacher pants and teacher shoes because I'm subbing on monday. That's when I made my first mistake. I went to the lighthouse mall. One a beautiful day. Lighthouse mall. The outlet mall. On a gorgeous day. I hate lighthouse mall on any day. It's confusing and filled with tourists and people that do not say excuse me. But on a beautiful spring day, you cannot imagine the amount of people there! 
I headed to Old Navy and searched and searched but soon remembered just why I never go there. I'm between sizes there so nothing fits. 
So onto 
Hollister. No dress pants there, no surprise really. Then Maurices, just for Hermione. She loves this store, it is her F21. But I hate it, the sizes run big and because of that I don't fit into any of them. They've just skipped me and moved on. And today was so different. So I gave in and went to Aero. I have never liked Aero due to their abnormally high waisted pants. Today however, I found a pair that fit, for sale! So I got two pairs. Because Lord knows I don't ever want to do this again. 
Then I needed shoes. On to Payless. This wasn't so bad. I found two pairs, one for $8 and another for $11. No complaints here, however ask me again Monday after I wear one pair for 8 hours... 

Photo By: Char

1 comments:

gina March 21, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

busy,busy! Nancy and I went to Ft.Wayne and there were people EVERYWHERE! Thought nobody had any money to spend?Hope you enjoy your break.Sunny wewather and relaxation!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP