Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm Working On It

I'm really working on the Germany pictures thing, and one day I will in fact write down every little memory that's important to me (after all it is my blog) even if they aren't actually important or even interesting, but they will be written down on this blog. One day I will get to it. I promise. Really, I have to, because otherwise I will forget. I forget a lot of important things, I never forget the things that are important to me, but I have found that the things that are important to me generally do not carry the same value with others. For example, I loaded some of my favorite pictures of my trip to my Flickr account (the slideshow on the left will link to it). While they are certainly my favorite pictures, they are not others' favorites. They are too close up, many are taken looking directly into the sun, they don't give a good perspective of where I was. But they are exactly how I remember the trip. I remember getting as close as I could to everything and soaking in the details close up and I remember looking into the sun and seeing things mapped out in black against a brilliant light. I don't remember detail by detail what Old Town Square in Praha looked like, but I do remember looking up into the cloudy skies and seeing a beige and grey building towering over my head and feeling it. Feeling the beauty and the age of the city. 

The large cityscapes don't get me, but a close up of bright persimmon stucco does it for me every time. 
Anyway, just trust that in time I will get around to doing it all. In the meantime however I have 16 pages to right about my trip in order to receive credit for going on it... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

gina February 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM  

Hi there! Good luck with writing the 16 pages. yuk!!I'm sure you will fly through with flying colors!!Have fun.

Char February 8, 2009 at 10:54 PM  

haha Oh I am definitely not flying through! But it's not due until the 16th so I have a little time at least...

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP