Saturday, June 28, 2008

Girlfriends

There is nothing like some good girlfriends. Don't get me wrong, boyfriends are important, but your girls are your girls no matter what, they're on your side, they'll listen to you always, they're good people. Well recently I've been a little depressed- I sooo want girlfriends like the ones I read about or see on TV. Ya know, BFFs through thick and thin, a tight group of 4 or 5 girls that have been together forever and hang out at cutesy coffee bars and complain about guys and share in everything, they're all different but compliment each-other perfectly. I have never had that. I always had a lot of friends, but generally they weren't friends with each other, they were all from different cliques and they all appealed to different sides of me, no one fit me completely. Anyway, these girls in books are generally in their late 20s or early 30s and have been friends for 10 years or so. Well I was always so bummed when I read those because I didn't have that and I figured it was too late, that I needed to have made those friends earlier and be BFFs already. Well not so. Right about now is when I should be meeting those friends, those tight girls that will stick by me (that is if I'm following the timelines of multimedia which obviously isn't necessary) and I'm so psyched because I am getting so much better at making girlfriends. I've mentioned before how much girls intimidate me, but I have so much more self confidence than I used to and that is making a difference. But I digress, I think someone should write a book about when you're just meeting these girls. Usually friendships are already cemented in the beginning book, I want to see one where the girls are just then meeting and getting to know each-other, maybe I'll write it... (haha) Sooooo tonight I went to go to see SATC (YAY!!!) with a fellow counselor (we were supposed to meet up with another but it didn't work out which led to hilarious results and a brief interlude into the world of stalking) and we had such a good time! I haven't had this much fun in soooo long and that is what led to this blog. It sounds so loserish but I sooo hope these new friendships I'm making last after the summer and we still hang out because these girls are so awesome and I have such a blast with them!!

2 comments:

ashley June 28, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

i know exactly what you mean. i am always longing for a close group of girlfriends. and andrew is always rolling his eyes at me when i complain about needing more friends! :)

ashley June 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

check out this blog: http://thekadanes.blogspot.com/

do you think these girls will let us be their friends and join in their reunion?! cuz i totally want one of those sashes!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP