Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Quarter-Life Crisis? Perhaps...

I've gotta say, I've been feeling kind of weird for a few months now. I first noticed it when I was not at all motivated by my history quizzes or excited by the bits of  knowledge it constantly throws at me that I normally rattle off to my boyfriend and family while they roll their eyes and appease me by telling me how insanely cool it is that the influenza epidemic wiped out millions. There are just a lot of things that I want and with the decisions I've made in the past it doesn't seem likely that I'll get them. For example, I really want to live in the city for awhile, and I'm not sure why, but it's really important to me. When I go to Chicago with people the first thing they say when we get back to Westville is that the city is nice but it really makes you appreciate how great such a small town is. I never say that. I love the city and if anything getting back to Westville makes me miss it. Now if I had gone back a few years ago and picked going to Purdue for fashion merchandising that dream would be almost a certainty in the very near future. But I didn't, I picked social studies ed at Manchester which seemed like a really great decision at the time, but now sometimes I question it. On a somewhat smaller note, I'm also conflicted about my friends. I've got two really close friends and neither of them are very much like me. Now I see Sex and the City and how different those girls are and how it makes their friendship better, but sometimes I just want someone to really understand how I feel because they feel the same way too, not because empathy allows them to figure out how I might be feeling. Well anyway, things have been weird and I felt like letting a few of them go. Maybe I'm going through a quarter-life crisis. Does that exist?

1 comments:

Austin B. May 30, 2008 at 11:55 PM  

They definitely do exist...

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP