Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Bathroom at Barnes & Noble

So last night the bf and I got to go on our first date in about 3 weeks I think : ) and I have every intention of writing a very long blog about it later today, but right now I want to tell a little story. Well on this date the bf and I went to Barnes and Noble because it is our absolute favorite place in the world (well maybe it's my absolute favorite place, but he really loves it too!) Anyway, so while we were there I needed to use the bathroom, so I go and do my business and as I turn around to flush my hand hits my necklace and I hear something hit the floor. Well I only like to wear jewelry that has meaning to it generally, and I looove charms. My favorite necklace is this skinny gold chain with a gold cross from my grandparents, a charm that I found when we cleaned out my grandma's jewelry box after she passed away, and this little heart. That last one is my favorite. It's a tiny plastic heart with a mustard seed inside of it from my Pa. He gave it to me when I was very little and he told me that the mustard seed stands for eternity and that he would love me forever and that it's a symbol of Christianity. It's not a particularly nice piece of jewelry and the gold band that runs around it has been silver for years, but I still love it. Well that was the charm that hit the ground in that dirty B&N bathroom. It had skidded along the floor into the stall next to me. Well there was a girl in that stall so I couldn't very well just reach under a grab it, that might freak her out... So I left and washed my hands. Of course her snotty little high school friends were standing there waiting for her. I hate high school girls sometimes, I didn't even like them that much when I was one. Anyway so I waste as much time possible, I fixed my hair and put on some lip gloss but they still wouldn't leave! So in an effort to not look like a freak I left (and I swear they all broke into titters as I walked out and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why, I was looking especially sassy that night and there was no toilet paper stuck on my shoe, I checked!) and stood close to the bathroom looking at stationary, waiting for them to leave. Well of course, right as they left another lady went in! So I groaned and followed her in. She was in the stall I had been in so I went into the stall my charm was laying in, but I couldn't grab it because she would see my hand, and really, that would just be awkward. So I waited. This lady took forever! I played on my phone for awhile and when she finally left I grabbed my charm and ran for it!


Maybe you had to be there...

1 comments:

ashley May 11, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

i was really worried you were going to say you weren't able to get your charm/necklace back! i say next time....just freak the girl out and stick your hand in the stall! then run out fast and make the whole ordeal much shorter :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP