Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Cameras and Weddings

My cousin is married, my camera is broken, and I have to talk to my grandma about sex. 


The most important part of that sentence? My camera is broken. 
Like there was any doubt of it's importance...

This past weekend my cousin, Dena, got married. The ceremony took place in the chapel at Valparaiso University. I wish I could show you how gorgeous it was. It was filled with beautiful modern stained glass windows but somehow achieved the lightness and airiness that is so hard to keep in heavily glassed churches. Beyond gorgeous. The aisle was ridiculously long... Eric (the happy groom) beamed at Dena as she made the treacherous journey to the alter (it was stone slab, not easy in heels). 27 Dresses' Katherine Heigl would have approved. 

Poor Eric has had to work at fitting in our family. I do not deny that I have sometimes doubted him. But seeing how happy he makes Dena, and just how much he loves her makes me think that perhaps we are just a hard bunch to fit in with sometimes. I am quite happy to bring him into our family and I'm going to assume that the few boys will enjoy a little more testosterone. 

My favorite part of the wedding? That would be dancing and music. I love to dance. I'm no good at your average booty shaking, shimmying around on various guys, but give me a good song and I will make my own little dance. Two years ago, the BF would not have danced with me like a crazy person in front of my family. Heck, even a year ago he would have refused. However, after a few songs he joined me on the dance floor and we rocked out for the rest of the night to tunes like "Give You Hell", "Build Me Up Buttercup", and "Go Cubs Go." I think you know which song was my favorite. We even reenacted a bit of Dirty Dancing's, "The Time of My Life" with a somewhat less graceful lift. 

I didn't think he would dance with me like that, all wild and crazy, but one of the best thing about relationships is that they do change you. You change each other constantly and slowly and permanently, but in good ways. Changing people gets a bad rap. I know that the BF has certainly changed me. He is by far the more serious of us (voted most serious, class of 2006 I believe), I have a terrible time being straight faced and serious, but I've gotten a lot better. He also makes me do things. I'm notorious for saying I'll do something someday and then just never getting to it (voted laziest, class of 06...). I am now forced to do things, in a good way of course : ) 
Well I like to think maybe I've pulled him out of his shell a little bit, or drug him out more like.  

1 comments:

gina April 23, 2009 at 2:49 PM  

You two are a great couple! Sounds like you had fun . Missed you at Audrey's baptism. Have a great weekend!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP