Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Time to Vote!

I filed absentee this year as this is the first presidential election that I was old enough to vote in and I wouldn't be home and because I didn't know until this weekend that in The Region you can vote early... My bad... Anyway, I got my ballot about a month ago and it's just been siting there because I had no idea who I wanted to vote for. . Since growing up I lived so close to Chicago we got Chicago TV, including Chicago politics. I remember watching Obama on the TV one night when I was in high school and thinking about what a fabulous speaker he was. He was so captivating and he seemed so honest. I distinctly remember going to school the next day and telling one of my friends that if he ever ran for president I would vote for him. Well guess what, he's running for president! Now as a registered republican, I'm not so good at it. I'm fairly liberal with social issues, but with fiscal issues I'm a hardcore righty. Honestly, I don't think the government should be all that involved with the social issues nor do I think we should really be worrying about them at the moment. But I digress...

Thankfully, since I was in high school I've learned a thing or two. One of them being that the best speakers aren't necessarily the best leaders. Another being that you don't vote for the candidates' party because that hardly even matters these days but for the issues. And the other being that republicans are the money people. Maybe they're corrupt sometimes, but they know money. And so this year I will be voting for John McCain. Maybe he's another dumby when it come's to addressing the nation, but I believe he's the one that can guide us out of this recession. 

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP