Friday, October 3, 2008

Penny For Your Politics? I Don't Think McCain and Obama are Interested in Pennies...

*Disclaimer... Swearing and controversial politics, I apologize, I'm a bit wound up*
     Who's excited for the debates tonight? I am I am! Although, admittedly less excited than I am for the Cubs game (gotta set your priorities...) Anyway. My opinions on politics aren't worth a whole heck of a lot. Probably just pennies actually. But I feel the need to share them here.
     So, I'm a registered republican, however I'm not a very good one I suppose. Economically, I'm conservative. Go big business! Foreign policy wise, well I suppose if it was a few decades ago I would be considered a republican. I lean a bit isolationist, boy that's ones done a 180... As for the war, I don't really know. I was one of the people raring and ready to get over there. "You think you can attack us? Really? Well get ready bitches!" However, I certainly don't judge myself intelligent enough to decide what's best for a country, not even my own, but I would like to see a little more reconstruction and a little less destruction. Two boys I graduated with are over there now and another boy I went to high school with lost his life over there, he died a hero, but I think his family would rather have him here and a normal guy than dead and a hero. 
     It frustrates me that republicans have lost sight of what their party really means. The biggest example I find is with gay marriage. Republicanism in it's truest form says no government intervention in business. Marriage, essentially, is a contract. A contract makes it business. If the government can stop this contract and business agreement (it doesn't appeal to my sensibilities to call it business, but for the sake of the argument) what else can it interfere in? I'm no social liberal by any means, but it really bugs me. I'm also annoyed by the time spent debating gay rights, abortion, and other such things. I mean, these people realize that we're in the middle of a miserable war don't they? They realize that we're on the brink of economic catastrophe right? Seriously, you're worried about abortion right now? Really?
     Anyway, I don't know who I'm voting for. I really liked McCain until he picked Palin. I'm undecided about her. She seems like a really great person honestly. Very sincere and kind, and I would love to have someone who fits those qualities in the White House. But let's face it, McCain could kick the bucket at any moment. I like Palin with McCain, but without him? I dunno. However, if American votes on looks he's got it in the bag. His wife and daughter are beautiful, as in Palin. 
So those are my two cents...

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP