Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Stick Em' Up and Meet My Demands

In Race, Ethnic, and Gender Group Relations we discussed masculinity today (I can only hope femininity receives the same in depth conversation in the future and if not I call sexism sir!). Well the class came up with a list of things that they believe comprise masculinity. I think they're all ridiculous, my demands are much less extreme...

1. Endures physical pain without complaint > Ok yeah to some extent, but I would be annoyed if a girl freaked if she stubbed her toe too... And if breaks his leg without flinching I'd be worried for his sanity, not impressed. 
2. Does heavy lifting > Yeah I support this one, but I'm very tiny,  I need someone who can lift things...
3. Doesn't show emotion > Why would I want someone who can't show me how he feels about me? 
4. Is in charge > Haha yeah that's not going to work...
5. Doesn't cry > If his dog dies and he doesn't shed a tear I'll suspect insanity not masculinity... 
6. Wears blue > I do like blue, but it's no necessity.
7. Must be breadwinner > If I could find a job where I made more than my husband I would be totally cool with it and I would hope that he would be as well.
8. Interest in weaponry (guns) > That would just make me nervous...
9. Lustful, promiscuous > This is obviously bad, just no good...

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP