Monday, July 28, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding... Not the Movie Pt II

Well later friday the BF arrives and right away we head to a restaurant in town that is owned my some family friends and my sister waitresses at to meet the bridal party. Well the bridal party was fairly rude to our waitress which just happened to be the daughter of the owner, my sister's best friend, and my adopted little sister so I just felt awful and it was just not helpful in an already stressful day, plus being rude to the wait-staff is probably my biggest pet peeve. So we all stayed up very late decorating the reception hall. After two trips to Wal-Mart (this was a slightly unorganized wedding, strangely it was fine for the bride but somewhat stressful for me...) and 3 bags of balloons we were finally done a bit after midnight. So the BF and I went home and took a quick dip in the pool and went to bed. 8:00 rolled around way too soon and I found myself decorating the gazebo where the nuptials were to take place with the BF inpouring rain. After that we had to rush back to my house and get ready. Well eventually I made it to the bride's mom's house where she was getting ready only to be told that the electricity at the gazebo had broken down (assumedly due to the torrential downpour earlier that morning) and the boom box that they had been planning on using to play the music as she walked down the aisle didn't take batteries. So I ran home and grabbed my boom box and batteries and as I was running down the stairs at my house I tripped and fell down about half the steps. Very unfortunate and very embarrassing, it happened literally in front of the BF. And even worse, I ripped my bridesmaid dress in the process! Luckily it was only the overlay to the dress so it wasn't terribly noticeable. However my skinned shins were pretty noticeable. Anyway after that the ceremony went off without a hitch as far as I can recall. Then the bridal party went off to the reception where we waited outside for the newlyweds to join us so we could walk in together. Well in the 10 minutes that we waited for them 2 small catastrophes occurred. First, the BF texted me (he was inside with my family) and told me that there were ashtrays out and people were smoking. Well the brides family does smoke, but she made it blatantly clear that there would be no smoking at the reception because she hates it and it gives her a terrible headache. Luckily right after I got the text the groom's mom came out to talk to us and I sent her right back in to gather up all the ashtrays and open the doors so that the smoke would dissipate. Crisis averted. Then I remembered the candles. I texted the BF, "Are the candles lit????" "Nope" This time I sent the bride's stepfather in to fix it, but he proved pretty worthless so once again the BF came to the rescue by lighting them all with a little matchbook (I got sooo many compliments on him this weekend btw). Then just to top it all off the groom's brother/best man informs me that my hair looks like a big frizz ball. It took all I had not to make a nasty comment about how he had recently failed to graduate high school and casually mention that he bore a very strong resemblance to a rat (which he does), but I kept my mouth shut, besides, my hair was pretty frizzy. And so, that was the wedding. The bride never found out about the ashtrays and candles and the rude best man, and as she doesn't read my blog I assume it will stay that way. They had an absolutely wonderful wedding and even thought it's weird that two people I went to school with (the groom since 3rd grade, the bride since 7th) are married it was so wonderful to see the love they shared and I just know that they're marriage will be very successful. I love them both so much and I was so happy to be part of their wedding. Well they spent this past week at a Sandals resort in Jamaica and actually the bride and I have been playing phone tag for the better part of today. Hopefully I get ahold of her tomorrow and then I'll fill you in on the honeymoon!

BTW anytime you see bridesmaids, I'm the short one in the middle...


1 comments:

ashley July 28, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

oh goodness. very funny blog! glad the wedding turned out well in the end! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP