Saturday, July 12, 2008

Forever 21 Stirs Up Deep Questions...

So I have this biiiig hang up on buying things online. I'm not scared someone is going to steal my identity or anything, I think what really gets me is the shipping and handling. It just seems so expensive sometimes! Like, I wanted these earrings, they were $3.80, what a deal! Well S&H was $6.50! Not worth it! Well, while browsing my favorite website (www.forever21.com...) I noticed their side banner: Free Shipping With Purchase Over $75. What? Yes!! So for the last 4 days I have been pouring over what my $75 purchase will include. It took me ages, you have no idea. My family is sooo tired of me asking them which shirt they like better, or if they think blue or purple will look better on me. They are so over it. Which is why this evening when I was sitting in the living room with my mom and had my pretty lil PowerBook on my lap she was just as excited as I was when I announced that I was done and that I was about to start the buying process. (FYI for $82 I was getting 5 shirts, 1 pair of shorts, 2 sets of earrings, 1 necklace, and 1 cardigan... I KNOW!) So just as I was about to hit enter it hit me, the one topic I hate more than any other: Money. Ugh I don't even like that word, it's so gruesome. I felt like before I made a decently large purchase I needed to sit down and get my money in order. Now if this was an ordinary summer I would be set, but it's not. There are two important parts of this summer. Number 1: I have a roommate this year and since my second semester will include 18 credts, a presidential position on RHA, and a coveted job as being my fav Professors student assistant, I really want to save up to have my own room for that spring. Well that's $700. Number 2: My parents are allowing me to fulfill my dream of going to Europe and allowing me to go to Germany for Jan-Term (yay!!). Luckily most of it's being paid by student loans, however I still need to get a passport, luggage, and all sorts of other things. Plus since the payments already started and as I can't get the loan money until August 20-something I have to shell out the occasional $150 check. Hmmm... Now the guilt starts setting in. I should not make these lovely Forever 21 purchases. I should not. But it's not that much... No! You should not!... Yeah you're right! I'm strong, I can do it! Biggest problem here however is that I actually have zero willpower. I was thinking about that earlier today as I watched some TV show where the main character went to these extreme lengths to lose weight, she wouldn't even go near chocolate! I couldn't do that. Nope. I hope my metabolism always stays as fast as it is now. Or that at least my husband digs a little extra junk in the trunk because I refuse to give up chocolate cake and bacon! But anyway, I will learn a few things this week and after I get them straightened out I think I will be able to make my purchase, but for now it's on pause. Ugh I'm lusting after these earrings so hard...


BTW If anyones looking for some extra help let me know! All I can really do is teach you how to use a Mac or do a pirouette or chase 5 year olds, but I'm willing!

1 comments:

ashley July 13, 2008 at 1:57 PM  

i completely reccommend making your purchase. you don't have a baby. and you will look great in the new clothes and when you look good....you feel good...which means you're happier...and it's just really a win win situation for everyone involved! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP