Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy Late Fourth!

I always forget just how much I love the fourth of July until it hits and the same goes for a local 4th Parade. I whine and complain about how hot it's going to be and how I am going to burn my skin off (my dad's family is notoriously pale, ruddy, and freckly and although I'm not ruddy I got the other two, not that I'm complaining, I've come to love my pale freckly skin). But I usually cave and complain the whole way to whichever locale my dad sectioned off the night before (it's a big parade!) and continue to complain as we sit there and wait for the flyover (the signal of the beginning) but as soon as that first jet breaks the sound barrier over my head I shut up. I loooove the parade. I dont't know why I always forget. The flyover and all the military men/women are my favorite part. My family has a really long military history (go Navy!) and I just respect it beyond words. My dad was in the Navy during Vietnam, his goal in life was to be a fighter pilot for the Air Force but his vision was too bad, he looks so sad when the planes fly over... But regardless, my respect for the military and passion for history combines on the fourth to form this super American that stands for every single flag and tears up when the vets walk by. 

Oh and the second best part of the parade? Mitch Daniels float. He got booed. We hate him in our little section of the state, do NOT sell our toll roads and expect a warm reception!

1 comments:

Pippa July 7, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

Thanks for commenting on my blog. Looking forward to seeing your scrapbook!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP