Sunday, July 27, 2008

My Best Friends Wedding... Not the Movie Pt I

So July 19th my best friend got married. Which is happy and sad, mostly happy, but sad because I'm no longer her best friend, someone else is, and it's a boy. But regardless, I must fill you in on the details of the happy day and the stressful days leading up to it. Well I had come up with the brilliant idea of making her a scrapbook for her wedding. I worked for a very long time getting ahold of all of her family and our friends from high school and I had them give me a message or advice from them to her and her new husband and each person got a page in the scrapbook and it was all very cutesy. So the reason this is relevant is so that you know that for the whole week before the wedding I was up until 2 every night making this scrapbook. I was exhausted. So Friday comes, the day before the wedding. Well I had been on my pink eye drops for over a week, my eyes were crystal clear and they had been gunk free for 3 mornings so with my doctor's blessing I decided to try my contacts. All seemed well so I went about my business getting ready for work when I noticed my eye itched, so I scratched it. Big surprise there, I know. Well it kept itching so I looked in the mirror and it was red, like American flag red, like worse than any pink eye has ever been in the history of the world. So I go to the bathroom and take out my contacts, pretty bummed. Well as I'm taking them out I notice that there's a lump in my eye! It was about the diameter of a dime and looks like a bubble. Ok so a bump on your eye is never good. I start crying pretty much immediately, I mean it's early and I'm exhausted because I was up so late and the kids had been sooo bad that week, plus I just so needed my eyes to be healthy, I was so tired of having abnormal eyes. So I run downstairs and wake my mom up to look at it but she can't see it so I run and find my dad. Now my dad is probably the calmest person you'd ever hope to meet but as soon as he sees my eye tumor he says "You have to go to the doctor, now." Yikes! So I called in sick for work which was a hassle in and of itself but whatever. So my dad calls my md, but he says I should go to an eye doctor. So he calls my eye doctor, but he says that he's just an optometrist and that I need an ophthalmologist, which let me tell you, are not easy to find early in the morning. Finally he gets me an appointment and we rush to LaPorte. I fill out the paperwok and soon a nurse took me into a room and asked me what my problem was so I told her I had a bump on my eye (and of course I started crying again) to which she replied "Ooooooh" in a very very deep and concerned voice that really said "Oh you poor girl, you definitely have cancer and will be blind in a few days." Finally the doctor comes in and tells me that I had just had a really bad case of pink eye and some leftover infection had caused some sort of irritation that made my eye swell up (who knew your eye swells up in sections) and he gave me some drops and told me I'd be fine within a week and although he advised me against using contacts the next day at the wedding I did anyway and it turned out fine. However I really really dislike the mother that sent her kid to camp with pink eye because she cost me 2 days of work, 2 doctors visits, 2 prescriptions, and millions of dollars in emotional distress. Grrrrrrr.

1 comments:

ashley July 28, 2008 at 4:25 AM  

and now i'm reminded why i was so fearful of pink eye all year long!

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP