Sunday, February 7, 2010

Week 1 of Student Teaching- Conquered

So week 1 is dunzo. So far it's not awful. I mean I'm busy, I have plenty to do, and the procrastination is not being warded off by my pretending to be an adult like I had hoped. But, it's definitely not as intellectually taxing as constitutional law and it's not as frustrating as comparative foreign policy. However, those little stinkers of 7th graders haven't had their way with me quite yet.

Worst part. Answering to my cooperating teacher. I mean she is a very nice lady, but we are totally different. I'm much more of a big picture person. It is not at all important to me that my students know the percentage of Jewish people living in Israel. I'm perfectly happy with them being able to say, "Um most of them. Duh Miss G." These first couple days have left me very excited to finally teach my own stuff my own way with my own Jonas Brother PowerPoints. I don't do well with someone being in charge of me, I like to fight the power.

In other news I am a cutout machine! I don't think I have ever posted any pictures of my papercuts so I need to get on that. I absolutely love doing them. This summer I was totally inspired by Julene Harrison and her lovely cutouts. I've made a couple that are very clearly inspired by her style but I have finally start to set out on my own and I am very proud of what has come from it! I don't think I'll have any grading tomorrow so maybe I'll start getting some of those pictures taken...


1 comments:

JTS February 14, 2010 at 9:42 PM  

wow I love those cutouts.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP