Saturday, February 20, 2010

Student Teaching Update II

So... Student teaching is going fabulously. My profs tell me that this is called the fantasy stage and that it won't last. But I'm putting on my rose colored glasses and choosing to believe that it will. I love my students, they are so fantastic and there are two girls that if you combined them it would totally be me in 7th grade. It's good to know that I would have liked my 7th grade self! Seriously though, I'm excited to see them everyday and it's so fantastic to see kids who normally get subpar grades moving up! And my cooperating teacher and I get along better and better, we're more similar than I had realized and she always backs me up. So far so good. Oh except for that pesky angry parent letter I got last week... That was trouble... Luckily I had the principal and my cooperating teacher on my side!

On to my other life, the one that is rapidly disapearing. Tonight the BF and I are going on a triple date. We have done this before. Not a ton of times, but enough. What is new this time is that Hermione and Ron aren't coming. What?? Herm is like my safe date! Whenever there's a lull in convo we know what to say, I never have to worry about wearing the wrong thing because she and I will coordinate outfit types. We team up to create a good date and a good time for whoever is with us. I'm super nervous for heading out without her!

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP