Monday, August 10, 2009

I am engaged to Kevin Jonas.

So I love to trick my kids at camp. That sounds bad, but you should hear some of the terrible things they put me through every stinking day for the past three summers. I am allowed to fool them once in awhile. 


This past week I convinced my kids that I'm engaged to Kevin Jonas. My k-1s are always bugging me about a ring I wear on my right hand ring finger so I just always told them it was my engagement ring to Kevin Jonas. I don't know why I did this. I'm not a JoBro fan. It just seemed like a fun idea. The k-1s bought it no problem. However this past week I had 4th and 5th grade. These kids were a harder sell. 
Step number 1. Change the BF's name to Kevin Jonas in phone book.
2. Show kids that most of my recent calls and texts are from KJ. This convinced quite a few of them pretty throughly, but it just wasn't good enough for me. 
3. Get the BF in on it. 
Wednesday when my kids started asking for proof I let them text message the BF/KJ directly from my phone. I'd type the message and send it, then put it back in their little palms. You should have seen their little eyes light up when my phone vibrated and it said "1 New Text Message- Kevin Jonas." Oh my gosh I almost died laughing. It was so easy!!
 Later the BF texted to ask me if they had bought it, "Hook line and sinker" I replied. 

A short transcript for those interested:
TT (Twinkle Toes): "The kids don't believe that you are KJ!"
KJ: "Of course I am, I would call you but I'm on tour right now. I miss my Twinkle Toes!"
TT: "They still don't buy it!"
KJ: "Didn't you show them the ring?"
TT: "Yup and I told them all about how we searched for it when you were on tour in Europe!"
KJ "But we did, we got it in Prague. We searched the whole day for just the right one!"
TT: "Jack has a question for you: This is Jack. Are you really going out with Twinkle?
KJ: "Hey Jack! This is Kevin. Twinkle and I have been going out for quite awhile now, it's true. 
TT: "Jack: Give me proof."
KJ: "What is the name in Twinkle's phone, it should say Kevin. I have a dog named Skip, live in California, and I wrote Love Bug when I met Twinkle."

Best day ever. Easily. 

0 comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP