Saturday, March 15, 2008

Pennies From Heaven

Hmm my first post. I guess I'll start by explaining the title to my blog, Pennies from Heaven. Well it's a song, there are two versions, one is by Frank Sinatra, but my favorite and the one the title refers to is the one by Louis Armstrong. I think the first time I heard it was on Elf, but Louis has been a favorite of mine for a long time. I am quite a lover of old big band era music. I've always liked it, but after my grandfather passed away I kept hearing how much he had loved that old music, so I kind of forced myself to try and listen to it a lot. I ended up loving it, the songs are so happy and simple. It's the kind of music that makes you think of simpler days (however Dr. Angelos would argue that the idea of the "good ol' days" is purely fiction) and that you can dance around your room to, which I do. Anyway, Pennies from Heaven has been my favorite ever since the first time I heard it and I highly recommend listening to it, there's no way to have a bad day after hearing it! I'd add it to my profile, but I have no idea how to work a blog so...

1 comments:

ashley March 23, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

that's a great first blog! i can't wait for more! :) hope your family is having a Happy Easter! :)

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP