Sunday, March 30, 2008

I've Got a Fever and the Only Prescription is... More Blogging!

I've been bitten by the writing bug. I've always loved to write. I was that annoying kid in your history class that cheered when the teacher announced the next test would be in essay form. I've always had a way with words (when I'm writing, in oration it's debatable). The most frustrating thing for me is when I can't find the right words to express what I'm trying to say. That, unfortunately, has been happening an awful lot to me and I think that it is because I haven't been writing much, and because the books that I've been reading are certainly not the type that use demanding vocabulary and stretch the mind (aka romance novels...). Anyway, in high school I had my own student column in a Michigan City newspaper and I loved it. At the time my little sister was the writer in the family so it was certainly to my surprise when I started getting "fan mail" for my column; people called my high school, I got letters sent to the newspaper for me, I even had some sent to my house!  I had had no idea that I was good, and that discovery coupled with the fact that people actually made a point to read my column was probably the biggest ego boost I have ever had! Since then, writing has been something of a passion for me. I love words more than most normal people do, and for me there's nothing more satisfying then rattling off a statement and watching someone scratch their head trying to put it all together. However, I can usually only pull this off when confronted by people I don't like, with my friends for some reason I seem to be a dunce at speaking... But anyway after I graduated I felt somewhat cut off from my writing, I had an english class so at least I had some outlet. This year however I've been feeling incredibly tense and just very bogged down. There are all these things rushing around in my mind and I have nowhere to put them. But now, thanks to some persistent urging : ) I have a new outlet, a blog! And I plan on taking complete advantage of it, much to the chagrin of anyone actually reading it!

1 comments:

ashley March 31, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

that's the blogging spirit! by the way...i really likey our playlist thingy....where did you get that?

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP