Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What do you do when Google doesn't help?

Normally, when I need an answer to something, I "google" it. Life has been throwing a lot of questions at me lately that Google and a well cited Wikipedia page cannot help me with. The historian in me wants answers to everything. It's almost painful when someone throws me a question I can't solve.

A year ago a friend of my family was killed in the war by someone on our side. A few weeks ago one of the most beautiful families I know lost their mother to cancer. Yesterday my best friend's sister woke to a dead husband. Today we learned that a little boy in second grade my friend is very close to has lost his battle with cancer, and isn't expected to make it to Christmas.

The whole "why does God let bad things happen to good people" thing was never an issue with me. I have such faith that everything happens for a reason and like it is supposed to. Sometimes sad things happen but it's ok because it is part of the plan. I know all of these people have gone on to or will go on to things so much better than anything I can imagine, I'm not worried about them. But the people left here, that is what is unfair. The parents without their sons, the children without their mother, the wife without her husband.

The whole good people and bad things question feels really relevant right now.  

1 comments:

ashley December 4, 2010 at 8:37 PM  

wouldn't it be great if God offered immediate feedback via google.

Followers

About Me

My photo
I love pretty pictures and fashion, decorating and paper. I use Harry Potter pseudonyms for all of my friends because as of now they are skeptical of the blogging world. I expect when we grow and up and move away and have babies we will all have blogs because that seems to be the thing to do. And when that day comes I will laugh and gleefully answer all their questions about blogger, thankful that they can finally share in the obsession with me! And secretly, I will be very proud that my archives stretch back much farther then theirs. Pennies From Heaven is where I write everything. I put my favorite photographs there, my favorite fashions, thoughts, stories, and humorous conversations between Hermione and I.

  © Blogger templates Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP